Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 3 Assignment 1 DONE

OK, I am rewriting this.  I already did this but I can't seem to find it in my posts. 

Neal Wyatt has very nicely presented everything one needs to know about how to provide excellent Readers Advisory.  Just a thought, maybe BCPL could use his article and suggestions for exercises for another RA training sometime in the future.

I especially enjoyed his idea of applying the following to a group of genres: Adrenaline, Intellect, Emotion, and Landscape.  I think we already do this, but putting words to it makes it more sensible. Wyatt also nicely reminds us that RA is a matter of engaging in a conversation with the customer, we must put aside our fears and feelings of being tested.  I have printed his article to give to my part-time librarians and also to use for training purposes. 

It may be a good idea that the librarian's checklist include Wyatt's article as mandatory reading, including doing the exercises.     

No comments:

Post a Comment