Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 3 Conversation I DONE

I get the sense that what you enjoyed about Eat, Pray, Love was the description of the various countries and also that Gilbert  spoke of her personal thoughts on her journey.   It also sounds like you enjoyed the humor that Gilbert injected into her book.   Based on your comments, I would suggest that you try Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the Word by Rita Gelman.   You will find in this book a 40ish year old woman who decides to shed her belongings and discover the world.  She explores people and places far and wide from Mexico to the Galapagos to Africa.  She talks about discovering ones dreams and the joy in ones life.   I think this book will provide the descriptions and character of other countries that you enjoyed in Eat, Pray, Love and the inner voice of the author, light but meaningful.   Please come back and let me know if you enjoyed the book.  I would love to recommend others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment